Leons Mfg. Company Inc. is currently recruiting for an Inventory/Warehouse Coordinator for our manufacturing plant in Yorkton, Saskatchewan.
Leon's Mfg. Company Inc. is a Saskatchewan based manufacturer of LEON brand agricultural material handling products and RAMROD brand compact utility loaders. For over 50 years our products have been distributed through a world-wide network of dealers and distributors. See Company websites www.leonsmfg.com , www.ramrodequip.com , www.leonmetalworks.com.
The mission of the Inventory/Warehouse Coordinator is to develop, implement and maintain processes and reporting that will guarantee the accuracy, integrity and effective use of the inventory resources of the organization. The position will also be responsible for accurate perpetual on-hand inventory levels, daily cycle counts and the monitoring of all inventory transactions.
Key responsibilities include:
Administration and reporting of inventory levels to Upper Management;
Prepare and maintain an active, accurate inventory plan, in shop and yard.
Secondary duties include: Identify slow moving inventory; work with Engineering to substitute slow moving inventory and standardize inventory items; Control & monitor inventory on the shop floor; recommend better inventory procedures and implement lean inventory strategies; ensure proper scanning of inventory and reconciliation of the scanned inventory on a daily basis.
Candidates should possess strong communication skills in English, both verbal and written, an eye for detail and the ability to take ownership and lead a project. Computer skills will be a requirement of the position. Canadian Citizens only need apply.
A competitive salary and full benefits package will be available to the successful candidate.
Skills and Abilities
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Manufacturing company
- Computer use
- Finding information
- Job task planning and organizing
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Working with others
- Oral communication
- Reading text
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Standing for extended periods
- Attention to detail
- Handling heavy loads
- Repetitive tasks
- Work under pressure
- Perform various administrative functions
- Provide information on materials available
Inventory Clerk Specific Skills
- Record the quantity, type and value of stock on hand using computerized or manual inventory system
- Verify receipts and packing slips
- Unpack items received
- Compile inventory reports
- Dispose of and account for outdated stock
- Maintain stock rotation
- Monitor inventory levels of issued materials and stocks
- Prepare requisition orders to replenish stock
- Reconcile calculated inventories with physical counts
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Monitoring and tracking software
- Inventory control software
- Spreadsheet software
Work Location Information
- Various locations