The Pharmacist is responsible for supporting the Pharmacy Manager in serving the community. The Pharmacist will compound and dispense prescribed pharmaceuticals and provides Customer Service to both clients and healthcare providers.
As the ideal candidate, you are a licensed Pharmacist with experience. You have working knowledge of pharmacy computer systems and are willing to work flexible hours. You have superior customer service skills and you are a detail oriented, self motivated team player.
Check prescriptions for proper dosage, Compound prescribed pharmaceutical products, Dispense prescribed pharmaceuticals, Advise on the administration, uses and effects of the medication, drug incompatibilities and contra-indications, Maintain medication profiles of customers, Ensure proper storage of pharmaceutical products, Advise customers on selection and use of non-prescription medication, Co-ordinate clinical investigations of new drugs, Control the quality of drug products during production, Develop informational materials concerning the uses and properties of particular drugs, Evaluate labelling, packaging and advertising of drug products.
Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacy (Bpharm)
Pharmacy Examining Boards of Canada Certification
Licensure by provincial or territorial authorities
Working knowledge of pharmacy computer systems
Compensation is $45.00- 50.00 Per Hour. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vacation. Possible relocation assistance.
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please forward resumes to Crystal Arsenault at email@example.com or call directly at 416-649-5834
Skills and Abilities
- Continuous learning
- Finding information
- Decision making
- Working with others
- Oral communication
- Check prescriptions for proper dosage
- Control the quality of drug products during production
- Dispense prescribed pharmaceuticals
- Ensure proper storage of pharmaceutical products
- Evaluate labelling, packaging and advertising of drug products
- Maintain medication profiles of customers
- Advise on the administration, uses and effects of the medication, drug incompatibilities and contra-indications
- Advise customers on selection and use of non-prescription medication
Area Of Specialization
- Community or retail pharmacy
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Licensure by provincial or territorial authorities
- Pharmacy Examining Boards of Canada Certification