Make a difference every day - the City of Estevan is a vibrant and growing community in Southeast Saskatchewan that prides itself in offering excellent educational, medical and recreational facilities. Known as the `Energy City', we possess a strong business and industrial sector and are situated only 10 minutes north of the U.S. border.
We are currently accepting applications for "Summer Student Positions".
This is a tremendous opportunity for you to:
- Earn money for your post-secondary education.
- Obtain real life working experience and explore career options.
- Come home or stay home for the summer while working great hours.
- Work with a talented team that operates, manages and grows your City.
- Make it a career, and enjoy educational funding opportunities.
Public Works Staff are required for the following positions:
* Aid in the preventive maintenance of vehicles (trucks, heavy and smaller equipment) in a safe and effective manner.
* Operate equipment according to specifications and safe job requirements.
* Must have previous shop experience and be able to take direction.
* Street and sidewalk repairs, crack sealing, asphalt patching and maintenance.
* Line painting, curbs, signs and cross walks
* Physical labour and traffic sign repairs.
* Must be responsible, able to take direction and desire to complete tasks in a timely manner.
along with date of availability.
Water & Sewer Division
* Assist in activities involving storm and sewer maintenance.
* Water valve exercising, hydrant maintenance.
* Assisting crew with water breaks and repairs.
* Perform a wide range of physical duties.
For further information, please contact: Kelvin Pillipow, Human Resources Co-ordinator.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For further information about this, or other exciting opportunities, please visit our website at