An Emergency Shelter Worker will provide the following services to clients of Transition House:
* Provide non-judgmental support to residents and non-residents, by telephone and in person.
* Ensure safety and confidentiality within the house.
* Provide information on issues of domestic violence.
* Provide information on community services, and appropriate referrals.
* Advocate on behalf of residents as required.
* Initiate and facilitate group discussions.
* Assist with meal planning and housekeeping.
* Provide and/or coordinate the transportation of residents when necessary.
* Accurate record keeping, including intake, departure, logging of important information.
* Orientation of new residents.
* Other duties as required.
As such, the applicant will have:
* Experience working with women who have experienced violence in relationships.
* Minimum grade 12 education and two educational courses on crisis intervention and/or counselling skills.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Good communication skills.
* Knowledge of community resources.
* Valid Saskatchewan Drivers License.
* Must be able to provide a current criminal record clearance.
* Applicants must demonstrate their availability for various shifts, including weekdays, weekends, overnights, and stat holidays.
Competition will be open until suitable candidate found. Only those being considered will be contacted