Responsible to perform office clerical responsibilities in compiling producer settlements for livestock sales. Prepares invoices for livestock buyers for livestock purchases; posts transactions; types cheques, forms and statements; and meters outgoing mail.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK PERFORMED:
1. Operates computer terminals and office machines to prepare producer settlements.
2. Computes and prepares invoices to buyers for livestock purchases.
3. Weighs livestock, enters price and buyer during the auction in the salesring.
4. Posts data to automated general ledger.
5. Assists in balancing daily transactions.
6. Compiles daily summary of deductions for horns, brands and insurance.
7. Meters out-going mail with postage meter.
8. Files cheques and office forms.
9. Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
The successful candidate will have Grade XII, or the equivalent, supplemented by office clerical experience. Other requirements include: knowledge of regular office procedures; ability to meet and deal with the public in a courteous manner; ability to learn and operate a computer terminal; capable of neat and accurate work. Capable of neat and accurate work.
Skills and Abilities
Dispatcher Specific Skills
- Follow-up on issues with work orders
- Process and transmit information and instructions
- Computer use
- Finding information
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Working with others
- Oral communication
- Document use
- Reading text
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Provide customer service
- Perform general office duties
- Maintain work records and logs
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Internet browser
- General office equipment
- Electronic Mail
- Spreadsheet software
- Word processing software