Northlands College, a government funded Regional College serving northern Saskatchewan is seeking a Residence Custodian, in Creighton, Saskatchewan from September 1, 2012 to June 30, 2013.
The Residence Custodian is an in-scope position reporting to the Regional Director or designate. The incumbent is primarily responsible for the security, cleaning, and minor maintenance at the student residences with a view to protecting people and property, and ensuring a secure and comfortable living environment for students and other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: The applicant will possess:
- up to and including completion of Grade 12 or equivalent
- less than one year experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: The applicant typically will possess:
- good oral and interpersonal communication skills
- proven ability to work with minimal supervision
- knowledge of sanitation principles, cleaning equipment operation (e.g. vacuum cleaner)and cleaning chemical usage (e.g. WHMIS training)
- knowledge of fire hazards and initial fire suppression techniques
- security guard certification is desirable
Salary: starting at $16.44 per hour, as per Collective Agreement
Applications must be received no later than July 24, 2012.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Proof of Education and a Criminal Record check will be required prior to hire.
Northlands College has excellent benefits and an approved Employment Equity Plan. Candidates of Aboriginal ancestry, as well as individuals in other equity groups, are encouraged to apply.
Air Ronge, Saskatchewan
'Preparing Northerners to participate in the social, economic and labour market development of Saskatchewan.'