Primary responsibility will be to effectively participate as a team member in the operation & maintenance of the Senlac Thermal Project. Reporting to the Area Manager, your primary responsibility will be to supervise the day to day operation & activities in the plan. Taking an active role in the construction & commissioning of several ongoing projects will be expected.
- Able to handle & prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining effective time allocation;
- Maintain knowledge of pertinent government regulations, company policies & procedures & ensure adherence to same at all times;
- Take a proactive approach to support & be engage in all aspects of Plant Safety Management;
- Focus on operating cost reductions & production increases;
- Responsible for assisting the Senlac Thermal Project's management team to manage day to day operation of entire plant;
- Facility optimization, monitoring & maintenance;
- Responsible for hands-on operation of the various processes & associated equipment components within the plant, including minor maintenance;
- Understand & perform safety, environmental & regulatory responsibilities such as hazard identification, equipment lockout, emergency response & implement safe work procedures, etc.
- Maintain proper documentation including operator log, maintenance records, safety & environment reports;
- 3rd class Interprovincial Power Engineering Certification;
- A valid Class 5 Drivers license (drivers abstract is required)
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic in an unsupervised work environment;
- Strong computer skills with MS Office required;
- Must be very proficient in all forms of communication