Gateway Veterinary Services is seeking a full time associate veterinarian to work in our readily expanding clinic, located in a brand new facility in Melfort, SK. We are a mixed animal practice that offers some alternative therapies that work synergistically with conventional medicine and we are always looking for more ways to expand. We currently offer low level light therapy, homeopathic treatments and skeletal adjustments in our repertoire along with traditional methods.
Our staff consists of one veterinarian, two RVT's and one RVT/Reception/Office Admin. We understand the importance of a team approach and community involvement. Quality service and client education in a positive and uplifting environment is our goal. We are looking for an applicant with their Doctor of Veterinary Medicine and is licenced in Saskatchewan, who can join us in our journey of veterinary medicine, adding their unique and individual gifts to our business. Experience is an asset.
Competitive salary with group medical plan & CE allowances.
Melfort offers many amenities and retains a small town atmosphere in a thriving city, 175 km NE of Saskatoon. www.cityofmelfort.com.
Contact Victor or Janine for more information regarding the position and clinic. Check us out online at www.gatewayvet.ca or www.facebook.com/GatewayVetServices
Skills and Abilities
- Private practice
- Significant use of memory
- Continuous learning
- Computer use
- Finding information
- Job task planning and organizing
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Working with others
- Oral communication
- Document use
- Reading text
- Supervise personnel
- Diagnose diseases or abnormal conditions in animals
- Enforce government regulations in disease control and food production including animal or animal-based food inspection
- Inoculate animals to prevent diseases
- Treat sick or injured animals by prescribing medication, setting bones, dressing wounds or performing surgery
- Advise clients on feeding, housing, breeding, hygiene and general care of animals
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Canadian Veterinary Medical Association Certification
- Licensure by provincial or territorial authorities