Make a difference everyday with the City of Estevan a vibrant and growing community in Southeast Saskatchewan, with excellent educational, medical and recreational facilities. We have a strong business / industrial sector and are located only 10 minutes north of the U.S. border. The City of Estevan is searching for a talented individual who wants to grow with the organization and community while supporting a customer first approach.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate human resource programs. Ensures processes and services are effectively administered by staff and management.
- Coach Managers and employees on the interpretation of personnel policies, attendance management and collective agreements.
- Assist in finding solutions to employee relations issues while identifying potential gaps in culture, moral and training.
- Participate in the negotiation of collective agreements on behalf of employer while identifying bargaining trends.
- Mediate labour disputes and grievances.
- Perform progressive discipline and terminations while ensuring proper documentation.
- Participate in short and long term disability cases, including accommodation and Return to Work plans.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management or Labour Relations.
- Experience - 5 years progressive in Labour Relations.
- Ability to work as a member of a team with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrates a high level of confidentiality.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully and diplomatic while maintaining the highest level of professionalism.
- Excellent time management, project management and strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
To thrive in this environment, you will have a desire to make a difference. Be part of our prospering community, and a challenging work environment while still maintaining a strong work life balance.
**Please see City Web Page for complete job description.