The Lac La Ronge Indian Band Education, Employment & Training Branch is now accepting applications for one (1) eight month term position Maintenance Person position (commencing August 20, 2012 and concluding April 30th, 2013) based out of Chief Moses Ratt School in Sucker River:
SCHOOL MAINTENANCE PERSON
The suitable candidate will be able to perform the following duties:
- Perform daily checks of boiler system, heating system, HVAC system, etc.
- Perform daily maintenance duties including the inspecting and repairing of the school, property and equipment;
- Ensure public safety of facility, property and equipment;
- Perform groundskeeper duties such as cleaning of grounds, sidewalks, paved areas, drainage -systems, storage and work areas, cutting, raking of grass, the removal of debris and shoveling snow;
- Safely operate hand and power tools and equipment required to perform assigned work;
- Submit and order supplies and materials;
- Willing to be on call for weekend maintenance.
- Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
The suitable candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Current working knowledge of trades or previous training in the maintenance or construction field would be definite assets;
- Fireman's Certificate or Boiler Certificate is necessary;
- A combination of education and experience will be considered;
- Good communication skills to deal tactfully with staff, students and the public;
- Good organizational skills to plan and expedite work as it pertains to assigned projects;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and provide attention to detail are required;
- Must be willing to take direction from a supervisor;
- Physical capabilities to perform the job;
- Current WHMIS, First Aid and CPR certification are assets;
- Valid driver?s license and own vehicle is required.
Due to the nature of this position, candidates without their own personal vehicle may not be considered.