Reporting to the Coordinator, Skilled and Technical Training Programs, the successful candidate will instruct the SIAST Carpentry Program for North West Regional College at Little Pine First Nation. Candidates must hold a Provincial Journeyperson Carpentry Certificate of Qualification. The successful candidate will have at least two years recent experience as a Carpenter. The candidate will plan, develop and facilitate the instruction of theory and practical training. For all other experience and skill requirements, please see the advertisement on our website at www.nwrc.sk.ca. The term for this instructional assignment is November 5, 2012 to April 23, 2013.
Qualifications are subject to the review and approval of SIAST.
North West Regional College supports a representative workforce. We encourage qualified persons of Aboriginal ancestry to apply.
Skills and Abilities
Area of Instruction
- Construction trades/technologies
- Computer use
- Practical experience related to area of instruction
- Deliver lectures and presentations
- Evaluate shop work of students in trades
- Train and supervise students in practical shop work session
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Industry/Trade certification