HDCS is looking for CASUAL Direct Support Team Members for their 4 bedroom group home.
- This position is responsible for providing a safe and clean environment within an atmosphere of guidance and support. This support will be conducted in a manner that presents each participant as a unique individual.
- This position is expected to assist the participant in developing spiritually, physically, emotionally, and socially, thereby helping them to learn and apply daily living skills and encouraging community integration. Providing personal care will also be a requirement of this position.
- Possess a valid Saskatchewan driver's license and First Aid/CPR
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, teaching/coaching skills, and relational skills with participants and their families, peers, and external resource providers.
- Demonstrate qualities of trust, respect and empathy
- Possess sufficient experience to satisfactorily perform assigned tasks
*Please send resume with Criminal Record Abstract*
Skills and Abilities
Security and Safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Criminal record check (abstract)
- Group home
Target Groups or Clients
- Persons with learning disabilities
- Persons with physical disabilities
- Persons with intellectual disabilities
Ability to Supervise
- 3-4 people
- Valid driver's licence
- Own transportation
- Problem solving
- Working with others
- Oral communication
- Food preparation
- Housekeeping activities
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate
- First Aid Certificate