Humboldt and Area Supported Employment Program
The candidate will be committed to facilitating employment, career exploration, training, work experience, vocational assessment, specialized assessments, job coaching, and job development with individuals facing significant barriers to employment or training.
The Supported Employment Specialist will assist in identifying barriers and develop mutual plans to overcome barriers and provide specialized and individual support, so the individual can succeed in the long term.
The successful candidate will have strong organizational skills, a valid driver's license, and a clear criminal record.
This position is approximately 3/4 time to fill a maternity leave with up to 28 hours/week.
This position will commence middle to end of February 2013.
Skills and Abilities
Type of Establishment Experience
- Community-based agency
- Computer use
- Job task planning and organizing
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Working with others
- Oral communication
- Assist clients to develop job readiness skills and job search strategies
- Collect labour market information for clients regarding job openings and entry and skill requirements
- Counsel workers on work, and career-related issues
- Interview clients to obtain employment history, educational background and career goals
- Teach clients how to write resumes and prepare for job interviews