Reporting to the Director of IT the Business Analyst (BA) makes GMS business strategy more effective by streamlining processes and ensuring technology is used properly. The ideal candidate should be primarily trained in business process design and be familiar with application development. In addition, the BA must have a blending of business and technical skills.
The BA will be responsible for a full range of activities which ensure the operational effectiveness and excellence of GMS business units. They will track and analyze GMS business unit trends, document workflow, then make appropriate recommendations that will positively impact operational effectiveness. The BA must understand the clients business processes and requirements and translate them into software requirements. They will also lead a number of key projects for GMS business units and the company. As a functional expert on key applications, the BA will be the sole point of contact between the GMS business units and Information Technology.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives and managers
- Working knowledge of the insurance industry particularly group and individual insurance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills from a business and technical perspective
- Strong analytical skills including a thorough understanding of how to interpret complex customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Effective negotiating and project management skills
- Ability to make effective decisions under pressure
- Understanding or willingness to be trained in an Agile Development Methodology
- Certified SrumMaster is preferred
- Preference given to Business Analyst Certification such as IIBA
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related business or IT discipline considered an asset
Visit www.gms.ca/careers for more information on this exciting opportunity.