- To assist manager to prepare, administer and be responsible for the sales, margin, expenses, inventory and SPMH.
- To ensure a high level of friendly customer service and that the hassle-free guarantee program is followed.
- To assist the manager in the preparation of the annual budget and ensure claims, invoices and all other paperwork is done timely, accurately and meets policy and procedure including proper cut offs and accurate inventories are taken.
- To assist manager to replenish department inventory utilizing F.C.L. and F.C.L. approved suppliers as a source whenever possible.
- To assist with proper promotional activities at store level, including buying, merchandising, presentation, signing as well as ensuring staff are familiar with promotion and products. To adhere to the image checklist as per facilities and equipment.
- To assist manager to establish and post weekly staff work schedules which will maximize customer service, sales per person hour and department goals as well as attending regular staff meetings and ensuring all staff receive annual reviews.
- To assist in ensuring all staff adhere to merchandising standards, marketing efforts, staff appearance, housekeeping and loss prevention.
- To be responsible for the adherence and enforcement of Pioneer Co-op policies and procedures.
- To ensure self-development is planned for and the initiative is taken to improve knowledge, skills or attitude.
Requires experience in building materials industry including building material estimating experience and retail background. Must have strong leadership, supervising and communication skills. Must be able to work co-operatively with Home Centre Departments.