As Full-time, your main responsibility will be to provide efficient and competent emergency and non-emergency medical assistance and treatment to a wide range of people.
On a daily basis, some of your specific responsibilities will include:
-Ensuring prompt, efficient and skilled care and treatment for all patients; and
-Maintaining the ambulance units, and medical kits, ensuring they are clean, functional, adequately stocked, easily accessible, and completion of all appropriate reports.
In order to be successful, you will have a registration with SCOP, along with highly developed clinical skills. You will be an exceptional communicator and have excellent problem solving skills which will enable you to resolve conflicts quickly while maintaining harmonious relationships on all work sites. You will naturally work well in a team, whole supporting and adhering to the corporate values and goals.
To apply, it is mandatory that you have the following qualifications:
-Meet Saskatchewan College of Paramedics (SCOP) registration requirements;
-Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Provider for ACP; and
-Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Provider for ACP.
Only those person's accepted for an interview will be contacted.
Skills and Abilities
- Private ambulance company
- Driver's abstract
- Assess extent of injuries or illness of trauma victims to determine emergency medical treatment
- Document and record nature of injuries and treatment provided
- Maintain ambulances and emergency care equipment and supplies
- Transport patients to hospital or other medical facility for further medical care
- Administer pre-hospital emergency care
- Administer medications and provide advanced emergency treatments to patients
- Significant use of memory
- Continuous learning
- Finding information
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Working with others
- Oral communication
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Ambulance driver's licence
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate
- Driver's licence
- Advanced Life Support Skills Certificate