The Town of Gull Lake invites applications from qualified persons for the position of Town Foreman. The ideal candidate will possess superior management and interpersonal skills. The Town Foreman will be responsible for:
- overseeing the Public Works department which includes water & sewer maintenance, street & sidewalk maintenance, equipment maintenance, as well as any other duties as assigned by Council;
- preparation of and assigning of work for the Public Works personnel and supervision of the performance of such personnel.
- supervisory experience
- proven experience in the maintenance, documentation and operation of utilities, facilities, streets, transportation and equipment;
- basic knowledge of water & sewer operations; preference will be given to candidates with a Class II Water Treatment & Distribution;
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- proven ability in the operation of Municipal equipment
- valid driver's license with air brake endorsement.
Previous municipal experience is a requirement for this position.
We offer a competitive salary of $56,160 - $65,000. The Town of Gull Lake offers a generous Group Insurance package and pension plan.
Skills and Abilities
Truck or Equipment Experience
- Road sweeper
- Sanding truck
- Snow transportation truck
- Check, lubricate, refuel and clean equipment
- Operate various vehicles and equipment
- Finding information
- Job task planning and organizing
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Working with others
- Oral communication
- Document use
- Reading text
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Air Brakes Endorsement
- Driver's licence