Position ID: J0117-0123
* Knowledge of SIGA's guiding principles, structure, and First Nations culture.
* Working knowledge of food and beverage operations, including health and safety, scheduling, departments (restaurant, bar, deli), and supervision.
* Knowledge of safe food handling practices.
Skills & Abilities
* Ability to support change with optimism and openness.
* Ability to select the appropriate communication methods and tools, depending on the audience and situation.
* Ability to support and engage employees to provide exceptional customer service/hospitality.
* Ability to exercise judgement regarding day-to-day priorities and situations.
* Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with other departments and units.
* Ability to use personal commitment and positive attitude to motivate and guide others to achieve goals.
* Ability to gather, interpret, and prepare accurate information in a timely manner.
* Could be exposed to tobacco smoke, high noise levels and sharp objects
* Irregular hours including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
* Strict dress code
* Heat (hot meals and beverages, steam)
* Walking/Standing (continual except for breaks)
* Keyboarding/Coordination of fine movements (Computer, POS terminal)
*Lifting/Carrying (20lbs - 50 lbs)
Assisting department management with staffing and performance management. Communicating policies, procedures and standards to staff. Monitoring and verifying accuracy of staff cash handling. Revising staff schedules to meet operational needs and control costs. Carrying out a wide variety of administrative tasks. Designating, assigning, and overseeing work assignments and breaks in a fair and equitable manner. Specific catering/event responsibilities include: overseeing room set up per event plan instructions; communicating effectively with other Casino departments regarding event requirements; and monitoring provision of guest service throughout the event.