Sun West School Division invites applications for a 0.40 F.T.E. Temporary Child and Youth Counsellor on the Student Services team, starting on or before February 10, 2017 and ending June 30, 2017. The successful applicant will be responsible to the Superintendent of Education (Student Services) and will provide counselling services to students in Kindersley Composite School.
The individual in this position will:
- provide counselling on an individual or small group basis to students presenting with emotional, behavioural, personality or social problems which impede success at school.
- consult and collaborate with teachers to address classes on issues of social, emotional and behavioral wellness of students.
- assist classroom teachers in developing appropriate classroom programming for students with social, emotional and behavioural disorders.
- engage in liaison activities with parents and guardians.
- provide workshops and in-service in area of expertise to teachers when requested.
The successful applicant will possess a Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology or a related field and/or a combination of education and school counselling experience.
Competitive salary and benefits package.
Serving approximately 4,500 students in 40 schools, Sun West School Division is located in west central Saskatchewan. The central office is located in Rosetown.
Sun West School Division will confirm employment upon receipt of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Check.
Inquiries may be directed to Shelley Hengen Superintendent of Education at (306) 229-7127.
While all applications are appreciated, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply on line as soon as possible. Only online applications will be accepted.