Duties and Responsibilities include but is not limited to:
Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests of hotels or motels.
Verify customers' credit, and establish how the customer will pay for the accommodation.
Contact housekeeping or maintenance staff when guests report problems.
Make and confirm reservations.
Issue room keys and provide instructions to Guests
Keep records of room availability and guests' accounts.
Perform bookkeeping activities, such as balancing accounts.
Post charges, such those for rooms, telephone calls or any other hotel purchases.
Compute bills, collect payments, and make change for guests.
Record guest comments or complaints, referring customers to managers as necessary.
Review accounts and charges with guests during the checkout process.
Advice housekeeping staff when rooms have been vacated and ready for cleaning.
Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, guest registration, and travel directions, or make recommendations regarding shopping, dining, or entertainment.
Prepare for basic food service, such as setting up continental breakfast or coffee and tea supplies.
Clean and maintain lobby and common areas, such as restocking supplies and watering plants.
**Experience is an asset but not necessary.
Skills and Abilities
- Hospitality industry
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Hotel Soft
- Basic computer skills (will train)
- Internet browser
- General office equipment
- Computerized reservation system
- Database software
- Multi-line switchboard
- Spreadsheet software
- Word processing software
- Follow emergency and safety procedures
- Provide information about services available in the community
- Provide general information about points of interest in the area
- Clerical duties (i.e. faxing, filing, photocopying)
- Customer service oriented
- Work with minimal supervision
- Arrange services required for guests with special needs
- Balance cash and complete balance sheets, cash reports and related forms
- Exchange foreign currency
- Investigate and resolve complaints and claims
- Maintain occupancy statistics
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning
- Process wake-up calls
- Process telephone calls
- Process guests' departures, calculate charges and receive payments
- Process group arrivals and departures
- Provide information on hotel facilities and services
- Register arriving guests and assign rooms
- Supervise other front desk staff
- Take, cancel and change room reservations
- Train staff
- Significant use of memory
- Continuous learning
- Computer use
- Finding information
- Job task planning and organizing
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Working with others
- Oral communication
- Document use
- Reading text
Type of Bookkeeping and Accounting