Reporting to the Director of Business Development and Economic Analysis, a Business Development Specialist is responsible for supporting existing businesses in the Saskatoon Region and attracting new business to the Region.
- Assist in the development of tools to help local companies grow and expand.
- Support the CEO and Director of Business Development on national and international business attraction missions.
- Conducting business research for the Saskatoon Region.
- Conducting environmental scans and consolidate information into comprehensive research papers.
- Assist in the development of programs to attract national and international business to the Saskatoon Region.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Director of Business Development.
A complete job profile can be found at: http://sreda.com/about-sreda/careers/
Skills and Abilities
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Tight deadlines
- Fast-paced environment
- Computer use
- Finding information
- Job task planning and organizing
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Working with others
- Oral communication
Area Of Specialization
- Business or commercial development
- Economic development
- Perform administrative tasks
- Use computer applications