Ranch Ehrlo Society has an exciting career opportunity within its educational team. If you are interested in pursuing your career with a nationally recognized treatment and education program, we are seeking a special education teacher for our education program located in Regina.
- Ranch Ehrlo teachers are associate members of the Saskatchewan Teachers Federation (STF) and are paid as per the STF salary grid.
- Professional A teaching certificate is required.
- Must have minimum two year experience as a special education teacher/ autism classroom teacher or special education certification.
- Must hold a class 5 novice 2 or higher drivers license and be eligible for coverage under our commercial auto insurance policy.
- Familiarity with writing IEPs/SMART goals.
- Experience working in a multi-agency framework (eg. Working with SLP, OT, other outside agencies etc.).
- Provide guidance/leadership to education assistants.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Have familiarity with technology in the classroom (eg. IPads, computers, SMARTBoards, etc.).
- Be able to assess autistic students individual development, cognitive, and social needs to provide developmentally appropriate programming.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with students, parents, peers, and community agency members.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to modify classroom management and lessons to suit the individual needs of the youth.