Immediate opening for an experienced Financial Administrator. We are looking for someone who is motivated, organized and results-oriented. The position works independently, with limited supervision, within the policies, mission and goals of the organization and directly reports to the Executive Director.
Battlefords Interval House (BIH) serves the needs of women and children fleeing family and inter-personal violence. BIH provides safe, temporary shelter and support services, along with education and counselling regarding family violence.
The role is to maintain the financial responsibilities of BIH, such as full cycle bookkeeping, budgeting, accounts payable and receivable, preparing financial reports, bank deposits and reconciliations, payroll, administering the benefits package, preparing periodic and annual returns/forms, maintaining reserve accounts, providing support to the Executive Director.
The candidate of choice will possess the following:
- Recent, demonstrated experience in a financial administrative role, as described above.
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline (accounting, financial administration, bookkeeping).
- Experience working with SAGE 50 simply accounting software.
- Experience processing filings of Receiver General, WCB, non-profit forms, etc.
- Understanding of the Non-Profit Corporations Act.
- Experience in a similar non-profit organization and working with a Board of Directors is definite asset
- Experience managing multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience working with variety of computer documents.
- Ability to develop good working relations.
- Must be highly organized, accurate, efficient and results focused.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong written and verbal communication skills, self-starter with a strong work ethic and great attitude.
- Must be Female (Human Rights Exemption)
- Valid Drivers License
- Successful Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Checks