|Job Order Details|
|Job Order #:||5204314||Posted:||25-Apr-2012|
|Job Title:||Public Works Manager|
The Public Works Manager reports to the Director of Operations. This position manages, supervises and coordinates the activities and operations of Water, Wastewater and Infrastructure within the Public Works Department.
Summary of Duties:
- Assume management responsibilities for assigned services and activities of the Water, Wastewater and Infrastructure.
- Manage the budget, employees, policies, procedures and priorities for Public Works.
- Plan, coordinate and monitor work plans for staff including day to day activities and special projects.
- Respond to, and resolve difficult and sensitive citizen inquiries and complaints
- Follow and meet all INAC, CIAS/ACRS reporting requirements.
- Prepare and present reports and other necessary correspondence.
- Responsible for all equipment and supplies including regular maintenance on community buildings.
- Abide by Ochapowace First Nation Employee Policy Manual.
- Grade twelve with some post-secondary/trade and experience Or Diploma/Certificate/Apprenticeship from an accredited education institution.
- Understand operations, services and activities of water, wastewater and utilities.
- Familiar with functions and procedures of wastewater, water treatment plants and infrastructure facilities.
- Ability to create, interpret and implement the organizations policies and procedures, and budgets.
- Ability to analyze problems, identify alternatives and implement recommendations in support of the organizations goals.
- Communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing.
- Valid Drivers Licence and reliable form of transportation.
- Ability to establish, and maintain effective working relationships with those contracted in the course of work.
- Knowledge about Ochapowace First Nation, and First Nation culture and traditions.
- Criminal Record Check and prohibited drug test.
|# of Positions:||1|
|Employment Terms:||Full Time|
|Apply by Date:||11-May-2012|
|How to Apply:||If you are interested in applying, please submit your cover letter, resume, Criminal Record Check, a prohibited drug test and three (3) reference letters by 4:30pm on Friday, May 11th by fax, mail or in person. Only those considered for an interview and/or testing will be contacted.|
|Employer Name:||OCHAPOWACE FIRST NATION|
|Employer Address:||PO BOX 550, WHITEWOOD, SK, CANADA, S0G 5C0|
|Contact Name:||Sashawnee Bear|
|Contact Phone:||(306) 696-2425|
|Contact Fax:||(306) 696-2426|