This position is located in Humboldt.
The technology team within Sapphire Automation is expanding. Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- configuration and programming of most major brands of PLC, HMI/SCADA equipment, including Schneider, Allen-Bradley, Citect, GE, etc., with a focus on water and waste water treatment processes;
- ability to program in Ladder Logic language;
- troubleshoot and maintain existing systems;
- on-site installations and commissioning;
- instrumentation set-up/calibration;
- travel to site locations and assist in servicing/troubleshooting performance problems associated with the product line and installations;
- analyze and make recommendations to improve processes;
- responsible for operator training, which would include ongoing training on the operation of existing installed Sapphire equipment;
- timely and accurate completion of system records.
This position will work closely with all areas within Sapphire Water and will liaise between clients and management. This individual must ensure timely and effective delivery of services and supplies.
To meet the challenge of this role, we are seeking an enthusiastic, energetic, extremely organized self-starter with outstanding customer service skills. The ideal candidate will have 3 - 5 years experience complimented by a college or university education in electrical, electronic, or instrumentation engineering technology, journeyman electrician or a related field. Applicants must have a valid drivers license and be prepared to travel to all sites including remote locations. Strong computer skills are essential, and experience with networking and communications equipment (wired and wireless) is an asset. A high level of proficiency in both oral and written communication skills is a must.